Mr. Hahn received his B.A. degree with honors from the University of Pennsylvania in 1971, his law degree from the University of Pennsylvania Law School in 1974 and his LL.M. from Columbia Law School in 1980. After serving as a law clerk for Judge Harry Hupp, Mr. Hahn joined the legal department of Atlantic Richfield Company where he worked in the commercial and international areas. He then taught courses on corporate law and Japanese law at California Western School of Law in San Diego from 1980 - 1985. During that time, he also lectured on U.S., Japanese, and Chinese law in Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and South Korea. In private practice in Los Angeles since 1985, Mr. Hahn has concentrated on representing foreign companies in their U.S. operations, U.S. companies doing business in Asia and Mexico and foreign banks doing business in the U.S. Mr. Hahn has served as Chair of the Executive Committee of the International Law Section of the State Bar of California, the Pacific Rim Committee of the Los Angeles County Bar Association (on two separate occasions), and the International Law Section of the Los Angeles County Bar Association. A proficient author and extensive lecturer on international trade, Mr. Hahn was the international law editor for The California Business Law Reporter. In addition to his practice, Mr. Hahn has served as an adjunct professor at University of Southern California Law School, Pepperdine Law School, and Southwestern Law School, teaching courses on commercial law as well as international business law. His book Japanese Business Law and the Legal System was published by Greenwood Press. Mr. Hahn was recognized as an “outstanding international lawyer” by his selection in 2002 to be an initial member of the Congress of Fellows of the Center for International Legal Studies.
In 2009 he was elected First Vice President and member of the Board of Directors of the AEA International Lawyers Network, a prestigious international association of law firms, and he has been reelected to both positions each year thereafter. Mr. Hahn was selected for inclusion in Who’s Who in America 2011. In each of Fall 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015, Mr. Hahn was named in The Los Angeles Times as one of Southern California’s top rated lawyers. Mr. Hahn has been rated by Martindale-Hubbell, the foremost rater of U.S. attorneys, a Preeminent Attorney, its highest rating and was named by American Lawyer Media and Martindale-Hubbell as a 2013 Top Rated Lawyer in Labor and Employment Law. He was named by Corporate Intl Magazine as the 2014 Corporate Transactional Attorney of the Year and by The Legal Network in 2016 as one of the “Top Lawyers in California”.
B.A. - University of Pennsylvania with honors, 1971
J.D. - University of Pennsylvania Law School, 1974
L.L.M. - Columbia Law School, 1980
• A limited service restaurant has retained Hahn Law, PC to advise it on its multi-state operations.
• A U.S. subsidiary of a major Japanese water products manufacturer has asked Hahn Law, PC to help advise it on business matters.
• The U.S. subsidiary of a major Japanese manufacturer of pharmaceutical products has asked Hahn Law, PC to advise it on various business matters.
• Hong Kong based high end children’s apparel company has retained Hahn Law, PC to provide legal counsel in setting up its U.S. based subsidiary as well as compliance with textile specific regulations and corporate maintenance matters.
• Major Japanese licensee of a world known brand has retained Hahn Law, PC for general business counseling, including corporate compliance and employment matters.
• Japanese game works company has retained Hahn Law, PC for counsel with its national commercial leasing needs.
• Zagats rated restaurant chain with locations in California, New York and Hawaii has retained Hahn Law, PC to provide legal counsel in employment related matters.
• Japanese business referral networking group has retained Hahn Law, PC to assist in its incorporation and to provide corporate support for its first year as a non-profit corporation.
• U.S. software maker has retained Hahn Law, PC to handle all business needs, including corporate counseling and employment related matters.
• Prominent U.S. bakery products maker has retained Hahn Law, PC to advise it on all aspects of its business.
• U.S. clothes designer has retained Hahn Law, PC to advise it in the areas of litigation, corporate, employment, and trademark work.
• Major Japanese auto accessory manufacturer has retained Hahn Law, PC to advise it on employment-related matters.
• Prominent Japanese maker of consumer electronic products has retained Hahn Law, PC to advise it on all aspects of its U.S. business.
This website is for informational purposes only. Using this site or communicating with Hahn Law, PC through this site does not form an attorney/client relationship. This site is legal advertising.
Copyright © 2018 - All Rights Reserved.